Teddy getting access to trunk?

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
This thread has been deleted twice, so I'm just going to try and post less so I don't waste my time again.

When Leonard comes out of Natalie's house and Teddy is in the Jag ("A car this nice, you should lock."), wouldn't you think Teddy would be able to get into the trunk to get the $200,000 he's been sticking around for?

I'm basically asking if there are any cars that don't feature any of these three things for trunk access when you don't have keys:

- A lever inside the car to pop open the trunk.
- An "unlock all" button inside the car where you can then proceed to the trunk and lift its handle.
- A way to fold down the back seats and get to the trunk from the inside.

Don't know if a car such as that one would be lacking all three features, but maybe someone can prove to me otherwise. I think this is either an oversight on Teddy's end, or one on Nolan's. Thoughts?

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:This thread has been deleted twice, so I'm just going to try and post less so I don't waste my time again.

When Leonard comes out of Natalie's house and Teddy is in the Jag ("A car this nice, you should lock."), wouldn't you think Teddy would be able to get into the trunk to get the $200,000 he's been sticking around for?

I'm basically asking if there are any cars that don't feature any of these three things for trunk access when you don't have keys:

- A lever inside the car to pop open the trunk.
- An "unlock all" button inside the car where you can then proceed to the trunk and lift its handle.
- A way to fold down the back seats and get to the trunk from the inside.

Don't know if a car such as that one would be lacking all three features, but maybe someone can prove to me otherwise. I think this is either an oversight on Teddy's end, or one on Nolan's. Thoughts?
That is something I have wondered about. It seems like it would have been to easy to just pop the trunk open.

On the other hand isn't it about more than just the money? Isn't' Teddy using Leonard? Whether Teddy was actually a cop or if that is a lie, seems like he got greedy. If Teddy understands Leonard's condition enough Teddy could manipulate Leonard into doing his dirty work. I think that would only work for so long until someone like Natalie ultimately comes along and does the same thing. I think it is ironic what happens to Teddy in the end (or beginning ;) )

The actor talked about this in one of the interviews. He said he asked Nolan why won't teddy just break into the car and Nolan replied: "he likes Leonard too much".

Jarrett wrote:
October 24th, 2017, 2:20 pm
On the other hand isn't it about more than just the money? Isn't' Teddy using Leonard? Whether Teddy was actually a cop or if that is a lie, seems like he got greedy. If Teddy understands Leonard's condition enough Teddy could manipulate Leonard into doing his dirty work. I think that would only work for so long until someone like Natalie ultimately comes along and does the same thing.
Sure, of course. Leonard doesn't know about the money though, so he can take it regardless, and still do whatever it is he has/wants to do.

Silfan wrote:
December 15th, 2018, 12:56 pm
The actor talked about this in one of the interviews. He said he asked Nolan why won't teddy just break into the car and Nolan replied: "he likes Leonard too much".
I never heard that before. Thanks haha.

He does try and get into the Jag several times throughout the movie, though. One notable time was when they were walking Dodd out of the motel.