"I have this condition"

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Mr. Caine wrote:Memento is my favorite movie of all time but after seing it for the third time i noticed something that has been buging me for days:
I came up with this tought that Leonard doesnt realy have a condition and here is my proof:
1.In some part of the movie Lenny talked about cops not believing him that there was a second criminal who knocked him down because there was no evidence of that and he had brain damage... :wtf: If he TRULY would have this condition he woudnt remember that because it happend AFTER the incident...
2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri0aJC3mBGM
If Leonard is Sammy that means that he faked his condition because Teddy told him that Sammy was a faker(but Leonard forgets that and turn his story into to Sammy story)
3.At the end of the movie he stops near the tattos salon-by the time he finished his monologue he should have forgotten what he was doing but the way he stopped near the tattos salon and his final words:"Now where was I" was said with confidence so he knew what he was doing...he was about to start a new hunt for John G.

Waiting for replies...
I think #1 and #2 are possible, and make the movie even better imo. (Thanks for doing that, I forgot how awesome this movie was).

However for #3, my think is that he really may have forgotten what he was doing, and all he had to do was look down at the card.

The Silent Guardian wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote:Memento is my favorite movie of all time but after seing it for the third time i noticed something that has been buging me for days:
I came up with this tought that Leonard doesnt realy have a condition and here is my proof:
1.In some part of the movie Lenny talked about cops not believing him that there was a second criminal who knocked him down because there was no evidence of that and he had brain damage... :wtf: If he TRULY would have this condition he woudnt remember that because it happend AFTER the incident...
If Leonard is Sammy that means that he faked his condition because Teddy told him that Sammy was a faker(but Leonard forgets that and turn his story into to Sammy story)
3.At the end of the movie he stops near the tattos salon-by the time he finished his monologue he should have forgotten what he was doing but the way he stopped near the tattos salon and his final words:"Now where was I" was said with confidence so he knew what he was doing...he was about to start a new hunt for John G.

Waiting for replies...
I think #1 and #2 are possible, and make the movie even better imo. (Thanks for doing that, I forgot how awesome this movie was).

However for #3, my think is that he really may have forgotten what he was doing, and all he had to do was look down at the card.
Also:
Leonard Shelby: Well, at least you're being honest about ripping me off.
Burt Hadley: Well, you're not gonna remember anyway.
Leonard Shelby: You don't have to be *that* honest, Burt.
He didnt say his name was Burt and he didnt have a name tag... 8-)[/quote]
Lenny shouldnt remember his name...

:shock:

Nolan is freaking genius.

The Silent Guardian wrote::shock:

Nolan is freaking genius.
Yes he is :clap:

I will re-watch it again (when I get a chance), and look for hints.

Thanks for this thread.
:clap:

The Silent Guardian wrote:I will re-watch it again (when I get a chance), and look for hints.

Thanks for this thread.
:clap:
This is why i love this film-i watched 3 times and i found something new every time... :)

Waiting for replies...
how did you found this place you faggot and why u thought signing up here was a good idea?

Lenny ends up at Shutter Island together with a Teddy hunting for both wife's killers 8-)

Dear Mr. Caine,

I’ve replied to your post before, but my answers confused you (and others) even more.

That was my mistake, I should have explained myself better. Especially because you mention some important concepts of Memento. Unfortunately I can’t explain these concepts within one post. For a full explanation please see my post "Memento Mori Chronology (the true story of Memento)". But you are asking questions I was asking myself when I saw Memento. And they are important questions!

1) The second criminal who knocked him down.
Do you believe the story of this second criminal? Did you notice how “clever” this guy tried to cover his tracks? He believes the police won’t look for a second guy but instead will think that it was the dead man who knocked Leonard unconscious. But before the dead man knocked Leonard unconscious, Leonard shot the dead man dead (or vice-versa). This guy must be the most stupid burglar of all times!

Also: he is thrown to a mirror (front head injury) and not hit/knocked from behind as he earlier stated (“Somebody hit me from behind. I remember. It’s about the last thing I do remember.”). Lenny is apparently able to change his memories. Like in the three statements about John G below. The first and second one are ultimately converged into the third one:
- “He raped your wife, he fucked up your brain.”
- “He killed my wife and he took away my fucking memory.”
- “John G. raped and murdered my wife”
(The thing that actually hit him from behind was a car driven by “just some guy, does it even matter who? No reason, no conspiracy, just bad fucking luck.” Getting raped and murdered is NOT just bad fucking luck.)

2) The Sammy-mirror.
Lenny uses Sammy as a mirror to transform himself into Lemmy. In chronological order:

Leonard Shelby : no CRS, no wife
Samual R. Jenkis : no CRS, no wife

Lenny : CRS, dead wives bad (1st) and murdered (2nd)
Sammy : CRS, dead wife good and deceased
Lemmy : no CRS, dead wife

Also the faking-concept is very important. Who fakes what? In chronological order:
Samual R. Jenkis : fakes having CRS (Leonard exposed him as a fraud).
Lenny : fakes he remembers Natalie, his first high school love.
Lemmy : fakes being gay (so he can kill his raping guard).

3) A new hunt for John G.
Lenny starts a new hunt for a new John G several times. One new hunt is identified by a very important clue you found yourself: “You don’t have to be that honest, BURT.”
How does Lemmy remember his name? It’s because he has identified Burt as his next foe. And Burt is a hotel manager who steals from his own guests. So he must be the most stupid burglar of all times!

Hope you have a change to read the full story my post "Memento Mori Chronology". Donno why, but so far nobody seems to take it seriously (or even read it). If you do, let me know what you think it (I'll donate USD 100 to a charity of your choice if you are able to refute it…)