"I have this condition"

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Memento is my favorite movie of all time but after seing it for the third time i noticed something that has been buging me for days:
I came up with this tought that Leonard doesnt realy have a condition and here is my proof:
1.In some part of the movie Lenny talked about cops not believing him that there was a second criminal who knocked him down because there was no evidence of that and he had brain damage... :wtf: If he TRULY would have this condition he woudnt remember that because it happend AFTER the incident...
2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri0aJC3mBGM
If Leonard is Sammy that means that he faked his condition because Teddy told him that Sammy was a faker(but Leonard forgets that and turn his story into to Sammy story)
3.At the end of the movie he stops near the tattos salon-by the time he finished his monologue he should have forgotten what he was doing but the way he stopped near the tattos salon and his final words:"Now where was I" was said with confidence so he knew what he was doing...he was about to start a new hunt for John G.

Waiting for replies...

1. he assumes the cops don't believe him cos his helper (teddy) isn't a cop any more.
2. sammy was real. lenord just mixed up his life in sammy's story
3. lenord has the card in his hand saying get the tattoo that starts his quest for teddy.

#1fan wrote:1. he assumes the cops don't believe him cos his helper (teddy) isn't a cop any more.
2. sammy was real. lenord just mixed up his life in sammy's story
3. lenord has the card in his hand saying get the tattoo that starts his quest for teddy.
I Know that Sammy was real but Teddy said the he was faking his condition and Leonard exposed him...he mixed his life with Sammys because he was faking his condition-thats whats Leonard had been doing.He believes his condition so much that he actualy makes it almost real :)
And for the final scene as I said before his final phrase was said with confidence(like he knew what he was doing)
Oh and 1 more:
Leonard Shelby: Well, at least you're being honest about ripping me off.
Burt Hadley: Well, you're not gonna remember anyway.
Leonard Shelby: You don't have to be *that* honest, Burt.
He didnt say his name was Burt and he didnt have a name tag... 8-)

You're very welcome!

Some folks on these boards disagree with that assessment, but it's all right there in the film. You could check other sites as well and see what you find.

1. The second criminal was invented by Leonard himself in his third Mental Hospital. He realizes that the only time in his live he was happy, was when he was chasing the guy who raped his wife. As he also realizes that he can't have any friends or relations as he has CRS and would kill them as he did before (frame 18-2, the famous monologue of Leonard in bed: so how can I heal if I can't grasp time?). His creation of the second guy is somewhat sloppy. If you listen to the story of this second guy carefully you will agree with me that he was the most stupid burglar of all times (hence the dead of Burt in frame 24). See also my post 'The true chronological story of Memento' for the full story.

2.Leonard becomes Sammy in his third Mental Hospital.

3.The movie ends as it started: with a car accident.

Erwin Fortuin wrote:1. The second criminal was invented by Leonard himself in his third Mental Hospital. He realizes that the only time in his live he was happy, was when he was chasing the guy who raped his wife. As he also realizes that he can't have any friends or relations as he has CRS and would kill them as he did before (frame 18-2, the famous monologue of Leonard in bed: so how can I heal if I can't grasp time?). His creation of the second guy is somewhat sloppy. If you listen to the story of this second guy carefully you will agree with me that he was the most stupid burglar of all times (hence the dead of Burt in frame 24). See also my post 'The true chronological story of Memento' for the full story.

2.Leonard becomes Sammy in his third Mental Hospital.

3.The movie ends as it started: with a car accident.
:wtf:

Erwin Fortuin wrote:1. The second criminal was invented by Leonard himself in his third Mental Hospital.
he was chasing the guy who raped his wife.
hence the dead of Burt in frame 24
Leonard becomes Sammy in his third Mental Hospital.
The movie ends as it started: with a car accident.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Is that your 'good' eye you're blincking back at me?