Why Nolan hasn't worked with his main Memento cast again?

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Slask wrote:Pearce was considered by Chris for the Bruce Wayne role, but although the actor was busy, probably Christian Bale was already entered in Nolan's radar...

Then again Pearce was going to be involved in batman franchise for the role of Harvey Dent, this time it was for Pearce schedule that the character couldn't be portrayed by him. Funnily, the role went to the one who Nolan considered for Leonard Shelby before Pearce himself.
In the end I think the other ones were better choices. I mean, Bale is tremendous and he has become THE REAL Batman, the true face of Bruce Wayne for cinema; about Eckhart.. I simply loved his performance, more than Ledger's one too, scene after scene he shows so much charisma, and then when the other side of him emerges (even before the incident) he can really show how anger possesses him.
Mr. Nolan choices for the cast have always been perfect.

Maybe I'd like to see Pearce again in the director's future filmography, but Chris is proving he can take talented actors who are not well known and turn them into real stars, making them act at their best, so don't complain if he goes on like that: more Ledger and Eckhart need to be discovered :)
If I'd have to choose, there are two names I would kill for to see in future Nolan films: first is Bale, I absolutely need to watch Christian Bale in a non-Batman role directed by Chris, because he's the man, he can do everything, and he has already showed to be a real bad(ass) guy in noir/thriller; second is Edward Norton... this superb actor could really get back to 90's level (american history x, fight club) and get his reputation high again if directed by Chris.

He was never offered any role in the Batman films, it was rummored he was but he was never offered any part. He even admitted this in an interview (I can't remember wheee and when as I no longer have a link but I can assure you 100% he was never offered or approached for the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne). He was also never offered Harvey Dent either, Nolan's first choice was Matt Damon who turned it down and then it was between Josh Lucas and Arron Eckhart.
Arron Eckhart was offered Leonard Shelby in Memento but turned it down and thats when it went to Guy Pearce.

rbevanx wrote: Arron Eckhart was offered Leonard Shelby in Memento but turned it down and thats when it went to Guy Pearce.
I don't think Eckhart was ever actually officially offered the role, at least, not according to one of the Todd sisters. He met with Chris but that was it. They (Todds) didn't think he'd be soft or likeable enough.

Sara wrote:
rbevanx wrote: Arron Eckhart was offered Leonard Shelby in Memento but turned it down and thats when it went to Guy Pearce.
I don't think Eckhart was ever actually officially offered the role, at least, not according to one of the Todd sisters. He met with Chris but that was it. They (Todds) didn't think he'd be soft or likeable enough.
Nope in an interview I read he turned it down and it then went to Guy Pearce.

Interesting... I just finished reading the making of memento and its in there that one of the Todd sisters says they never actually offered it to him, although he did meet Chris. Whatevs though, doesn't matter. :D

thank God Aaron wasn´t Lenny, Pearce was just amazing( probably the best acting of 2000

Sara wrote:Interesting... I just finished reading the making of memento and its in there that one of the Todd sisters says they never actually offered it to him, although he did meet Chris. Whatevs though, doesn't matter. :D
I haven't read that but would love to though :)