Memento Remake

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote: Image
It seems, that you're also unable to comprehend a fairly simple comparison.

Also, why are you still here? Your comment during the attacks in Paris should've gotten you a ban.
I dunno'. Why is anyone here? Who are we? Who am I?
Good for you. Once again you avoid the question and refuse to take responsibility for your actions.

MyCocaine wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:Some might say he deserves it since he remade Insomnia only 5 year's after the original had come out.

Just saying. It would be rather hypocritical of him.
It seems, that you're also unable to comprehend a fairly simple comparison.

Also, why are you still here? Your comment during the attacks in Paris should've gotten you a ban.
I'd say an ill timed comment suggesting gun laws don't prevent shootings is not nearly as bad as suggesting that anyone who believes in God is a terrible, wicked person.

But that's way off topic. I still don't like the idea of this remake.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:i cant think of one reason why nolan wouldnt want it remade
gimme one reason, anyone

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:i cant think of one reason why nolan wouldnt want it remade
gimme one reason, anyone
Because it'll most likely suck which won't help the image of the first film and there's a good chance it's being made because that particular studio is running low on original ideas.

Catching up here. Any word from Nolan or his people yet?

gimme one reason, anyone
Maybe it's because it's a special movie to him. His big breakout, him and his brother worked on it, and it's not something like Batman so maybe he won't understand why anyone would touch his baby. Then again, his attitude could be "whatever, do what you want".

dafox wrote:
gimme one reason, anyone
Because it'll most likely suck which won't help the image of the first film
historically that doesnt tend to happen

dafox wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote: Because it'll most likely suck which won't help the image of the first film
historically that doesnt tend to happen
I'm not too familiar on the history but the logic is that if a remake fails as this one likely will then the impression is that the source wasn't really great to begin with, which it is.

dafox wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote: historically that doesnt tend to happen
I'm not too familiar on the history but the logic is that if a remake fails as this one likely will then the impression is that the source wasn't really great to begin with, which it is.[/quote]
I think it tends to make people gravitate towards the original more, most of the time.

Honestly the only way I see Nolan getting pissed off about this remake is if they don't shoot it on film.