Memento Remake

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.

Memento is trending on Twitter. Seems people don't want this to happen.

This is fucking unacceptable.

The fucking disrespect

If anything, news of this remake has alerted people who maybe haven't seen Nolan's first masterpiece to do so immediately.

ChristNolan wrote:
Allstar wrote:Nolan doesn't really have any right to complain since he personally made a full blown remake.
Where does it say he's complaining? He didn't even have a statement in there.
I'm just saying he shouldn't. That's all.

His fans shouldn't really either if they support Insomnia. If you're not interested, don't watch the movie. It's that simple and likely what I will do.

“‘Memento’ has been consistently ranked as one of the best films of its decade. People who’ve seen ‘Memento’ 10 times still feel they need to see it one more time. This is a quality that we feel really supports and justifies a remake. The bar is set high thanks to the brilliance or Christopher Nolan, but we wouldn’t want it any other way,” said Iervolino.
What kind of twisted logic is that? Here's a masterpiece with a great rewatch value. LET'S REMAKE IT!

Allstar wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:
Allstar wrote:Nolan doesn't really have any right to complain since he personally made a full blown remake.
Where does it say he's complaining? He didn't even have a statement in there.
I'm just saying he shouldn't. That's all.

His fans shouldn't really either if they support Insomnia. If you're not interested, don't watch the movie. It's that simple and likely what I will do.
The remaking of foreign thrillers is commonplace. This isn't.

This is why you don't remake good films. Remakes are for bad films that have a good idea at the core so that one can do it BETTER next time. This can only end in tears.