Memento Remake

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
it's disgusting but if they're going to do it, i'd rather they NOT stay true to Nolan's vision and instead come up with a scenario of their own

I learned about my uncle's death just not long ago. Came home and was met with this shitty news.

Thanks, Hollywood.

They're remaking Nolan now? Wow, so fast. Won't read the news details though.

Ahh joyous day. Finally we have a thing that all NolanFans agree upon. Nothing like a remake to unite us :P :gonf:

Personally? If it's worth something (a new spin on it, fresh ideas based on the concept) bring it on, but most likely it will no live up to the original. 1. It's a damn good film, 2. a beloved classic. It tough to compete with this.

Skyab23 wrote:I fully expect the backlash to prevent this company from doing this.
Hasn't stopped other remakes.

I'd be fine with a spin off, or new story based on the idea of the original film.

But a straight remake?

why

prince0gotham wrote:how is this worse than remaking Oldboy only 10 years after the original?

other than the fact that it's a film by lord and savior Nolly that is
I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan himself would buy back the rights to prevent this remake from happening. It's not like he can't afford it and I'm sure he would want this film, which put him on the map, to be remembered as is.
yeah but then that'd be pathetic of him wouldn't it
plus he gets mad royalties from doing absolutely nothing

now wheres that gif?

Some might say he deserves it since he remade Insomnia only 5 year's after the original had come out.

Just saying. It would be rather hypocritical of him.

MyCocaine wrote:Some might say he deserves it since he remade Insomnia only 5 year's after the original had come out.

Just saying. It would be rather hypocritical of him.
Insomnia was an obscure foreign film. You cant compare.