Memento Remake

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Batfan175 wrote:This is why you don't remake good films. Remakes are for bad films that have a good idea at the core so that one can do it BETTER next time. This can only end in tears.
:thumbup: :twothumbsup: :judge:

4N Legend wrote:The fucking disrespect
:lol:

Aaron Morgan ‏@Aaron_Morgan
Someone needs to tattoo "don't remake Memento" on their butts, so they see it every morning when they put their heads up there.

I fully expect the backlash to prevent this company from doing this. If that doesn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan himself would buy back the rights to prevent this remake from happening. It's not like he can't afford it and I'm sure he would want this film, which put him on the map, to be remembered as is.

this is ishbir levels of nope

why in the holy dick

A representative for AMBI Pictures could not tell TheWrap whether they had received Nolan’s blessing, and the director’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment. However, an insider told that AMBI Pictures did reach out to Nolan, but they never heard back from him.

Though AMBI Pictures does control the remake rights, it’s unlikely the company would move forward without the consent of Nolan, who is one of the most powerful people in Hollywood. Would an A-list star risk angering the director by taking a role in an unauthorized remake?
http://www.thewrap.com/memento-remake-w ... -in-works/

Skyab23 wrote:I fully expect the backlash to prevent this company from doing this. If that doesn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan himself would buy back the rights to prevent this remake from happening. It's not like he can't afford it and I'm sure he would want this film, which put him on the map, to be remembered as is.
Maybe that's actually the idea.£

People have been remaking classics for decades now and usually all it does is make us want the originals more (i.e. recent horror remakes).

NBD

how is this worse than remaking Oldboy only 10 years after the original?

other than the fact that it's a film by lord and savior Nolly that is
I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan himself would buy back the rights to prevent this remake from happening. It's not like he can't afford it and I'm sure he would want this film, which put him on the map, to be remembered as is.
yeah but then that'd be pathetic of him wouldn't it