What does this film have that a 13 year old can't see?

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
OVERMAN wrote:again I was 13 when I first saw it and it was pretty normal.
:D
Yeah, I didn't knew why he wouldn't let me see it :?:

Sometimes rating is just ridiculous, I went to a theatre with my dad to see The Matrix, I was 9 and they wouldn't let me watch the movie so my dad took me to another theatre where they wouldn't mind and we just watched it :D

i dont think a 13 year old would truly appreciate this movie. i wish I hadn't watched films when i was too young to watch them, cos i never appreciated them.

like pulp fiction, i watched that when i was like 12, and i didn't fully understand it. This ruined the next viewing when i was about 15.

I think it's pretty violent, and once you see the whole thing, you realize the main theme is pretty violent, too. When it hits, it hits hard.

It's a disturbing movie, but in a very thought-provoking, mature way.

SEMI-SPOILERS AHEAD
Now, as far as the violence you actually see: There's a pretty nasty execution that's fairly graphic and probably made me cringe the first time I saw it; there are some flashbacks of violence which are very brief but edited together to brutality in, well, flashes; there's a fight that's pretty rough; and there's a chase scene with gunfire.
I know I could have handled it at thirteen, but I don't know if I'd show it to just anyone of that age. A friend showed it to his wife and would tell her when to cover her eyes; some people are sensitive to certain things that others are not.

I'd say just obey your father. Steady obedience shows maturity and builds trust.

im 14 and i watch scary movies and i´m not affected to them and in memento i didnt thought it was violent at all

AAA
Well, I saw this movie the first time when I was 12, and it became one of my favourite movies of all time. Of Course, there is some violence, but nothing a 13 year old couldn't handle :!:

AAA wrote:Well, I saw this movie the first time when I was 12, and it became one of my favourite movies of all time. Of Course, there is some violence, but nothing a 13 year old couldn't handle :!:
Same thing happened to me with The Usual Suspects

i think the sensibility of any of us is individual.
Maybe when I was 13 I could see something without any problem, while another guy at the same age could find it disturbing...
I think parents should care more about this, in a proper way, meaning it's not right to deny them watching every thing with just a little sight of blood or nudity.

Anyway the correct answer to the question of the topic is: he can see it because it's not so violent, but probably he wouldn't understand it. My brother is 15 and he watched it this year for the first time..

american ratings are flawed
it goes from PG13 to R (or N17 is it)
in australia it goes PG, M, MA15, R

#1fan wrote:american ratings are flawed
it goes from PG13 to R (or N17 is it)
in australia it goes PG, M, MA15, R
Yea, I don't like rating systems period. Slumdog Millionaire was rated R but there was nothing R about it.