Favourite scene?

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
It's so hard to pick just one. Such a powerful film, and every scene being so meaningful, I would say I can't pick. Memento is one of my favorite films all-time, can't decide what is my favorite Nolan film.

The scene where Carrie Ann Moss is swearing and making fun of Leonard. Then she walks out and he's panicking to find a pen to write it down. Then as soon as she comes back in.... well, you know. When I saw that for the 1st time and how more of the puzzle was connected together I thought genius! It's just a really cool scene IMO, also.

Never heard those words before watching that scene. Made me grow up a lot quicker.

I don't know if it is one, but my favourite scene is from the beggining to the end.

Smile wrote:I don't know if it is one, but my favourite scene is from the beggining to the end.
:D like

Mine is and odd one, but it's the very short scene near the beginning when Teddy steps through the door of the motel saying 'Lenny!', and Leonard replies 'My names Leonard', and the dialogue that follows is just perfect. Another reason why I like this scene is the way it's repeated before the scene fades out, I love that deja vu feeling in all those scenes.

niniendowarrior wrote:There are so many scenes that are well done in Memento. For me, the one with the most impact was the ending. It has to be the favourite scene for me.
yeah i think the same :thumbup: , defiantly the whole ending has one hell of an impact on the viewer.

following_CN wrote:For me - the opening reverse scene with titles and music (that melody is so deep and spacey) - it just sets that perfect mood for the rest of this magnificent film.
that one's pretty complex

Hard to choose one, but I really like when Natalie faked her "beating" from Lenny. She knew about his condition, and I'm just amazed at how she plays him throughout the entire movie, not just in this scene.

Iv never seen a film where I was amazed by EVERY singel scene and shot in a movie, until i saw Memento, every shot is a piece of art, every dialogue or voice-over is like music in my ears, and every scene is beyond perfection and pure brain candy.

bLaZe wrote:Hard to choose one, but I really like when Natalie faked her "beating" from Lenny. She knew about his condition, and I'm just amazed at how she plays him throughout the entire movie, not just in this scene.
I loved that scene too. You think she is this sympathetic women then suddenly we get this scene and its like wtf!

My favorite has to be the end scene though with his monologue then the "Where was i?" cut to end credits.