Favourite scene?

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
GCsthedarkknight wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote:There are so many scenes that are well done in Memento. For me, the one with the most impact was the ending. It has to be the favourite scene for me.
yeah i think the same :thumbup: , defiantly the whole ending has one hell of an impact on the viewer.
The ending left me confused I had to watch the ending a few times

just had the opportunity to watch Memento on dvd (shame of me :oops: )

and....WOW....blew me away...even though i knew the reverse narration style, and can follow it fairly easy at the start, but once all the conflict started to pile up, then it got me saying Leonard's line: "now, where am i" :wtf: :wtf:

my favourite scene is gonna be where the movie reveals that Carrie Ann Moss's injuries on her face was actually of
Leonard's punch :wtf: :wtf:

The first viewing is always awesome, but it gets better with each rewatch. I always have fun watching the film with someone who hasn't seen it before. The reactions are priceless.

The ending.

Just amazing, how the plot is so twisted. Heck I was in denial to, for a few minutes thinking

"No, No Lenny is a good guy."

when sammy jenkis kills his wife with the insulin. very powerful scene. also the ending.

prodical wrote:when sammy jenkis kills his wife with the insulin. very powerful scene. also the ending.
Yea, really sad scene. :(

Erik wrote:Leonard Shelby: [Running] Okay, what am I doing?
[Sees Dodd also running]
Leonard Shelby: I'm chasing this guy.
[Dodd has a gun, shoots at Leonard]
Leonard Shelby: Nope. He's chasing me.
Lol this, and then the scene where he kicks the door in...

I loved the beggining scene in reverse. Also, when he asks "So which room is mine? You can take which ever one you want. Well it doesnt matter, I wont remember anyway".

George wrote:
Also the scene where Natalie erupts at Leonard, only for him to forget the altercation seconds later.

Yup.

The last scene is a true gut-punch and has unforgettable impact. But as far as just watching a scene play out and unfold, this one kills me.

As it opens, you know she's being deliberately provocative in the way that some of us are when we are just spoiling for a fight. But then she takes all the pens and just goes outside to wait. And cutting between her smiling knowingly and Leonard's desperation and increasing despair as he scrambles for something to write with, and then she gets back out of the car and walks into the house -- the suspense, and then dismay as the interruption has "reset" him and he'll never remember now. That scene is amazing.

Mine was definitely the opening scene in reverse. Sooo well done.