Favourite scene?

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
What's your favourite scene?

This is easy for me, it's the monologue scene with Leonard in bed with Natalie. The dialogue, delivery and score are just perfect. In fact, I'd say it's one of my favourite scenes in a movie ever.

Leonard Shelby: [Running] Okay, what am I doing?
[Sees Dodd also running]
Leonard Shelby: I'm chasing this guy.
[Dodd has a gun, shoots at Leonard]
Leonard Shelby: Nope. He's chasing me.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Definitely the ending.

I know I will never forget the first time I viewed the film and heard the words: "Now, where was I?" followed by the credits rolling up. I sat there with a mixture of confusion and awe, a film has never affected me so deeply as Nolan's Memento, my favourite film of all time, for sure.

ChristopherNolanFan wrote:Definitely the ending.

I know I will never forget the first time I viewed the film and heard the words: "Now, where was I?" followed by the credits rolling up. I sat there with a mixture of confusion and awe, a film has never affected me so deeply as Nolan's Memento, my favourite film of all time, for sure.
Good shouts guys.

Yeah, the ending hit my really hard, it was so well done.

Natalie: Tell me about her again.

Leonard Shelby: Why?

Natalie: Because you like to remember her.

Leonard Shelby: She was beautiful. To me, she was perfect.

Natalie: No, don't just recite the words. Close your eyes... and remember her.

Leonard Shelby: You can just feel the details. The bits and pieces you never bothered to put into words. And you can feel these extreme moments... even if you don't want to. You put these together, and you get the feel of a person. Enough to know how much you miss them... and how much you hate the person who took them away.

<3 that scene. It tears my heart out.

TeddyBlass wrote:Natalie: Tell me about her again.

Leonard Shelby: Why?

Natalie: Because you like to remember her.

Leonard Shelby: She was beautiful. To me, she was perfect.

Natalie: No, don't just recite the words. Close your eyes... and remember her.

Leonard Shelby: You can just feel the details. The bits and pieces you never bothered to put into words. And you can feel these extreme moments... even if you don't want to. You put these together, and you get the feel of a person. Enough to know how much you miss them... and how much you hate the person who took them away.

<3 that scene. It tears my heart out.
Same here. There is also the "How am I supposed to heal if I can't feel time?" scene which is amazingly powerful. Guy Pearce rocks.

There are so many scenes that are well done in Memento. For me, the one with the most impact was the ending. It has to be the favourite scene for me.

Yea, there are so many great scenes in that movie. Both the opening and ending are superb.

i love the ending, and the chase scene

also another one that sends chills down my spine, is when he removes the bandage and the tattoo says dont answer the phone

In fact I can't choose one scene as my favourite, because while watching the movie I got shocked in every 5 minutes or what :D It was an amazing idea to make the film that way, you know, that the next scene happened before the last scene and the story is going backwards... that's what makes it an amazing movie. In every scene you feel like you're Leonard, and just like him you have no idea what's happening now. The whole movie is just... mind-blowing :D