The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: Memento

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.

How Awesome was Memento?

100% Awesome
71%
90% Awesome
19%
80% Awesome
8%
70% Awesome
1%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
No votes
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
No votes
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
No votes

Total votes: 231

OVERMAN wrote:
Christopher Nolan wrote:
AlexHaas wrote:People are entitled to their own opinions.
i just quote this, overman...
and I was saying that the amount of fighting, swearing and blood on "Memento" wasn't enough to cause that reaction.
unless of course you are a 5 year old in which case you probably wouldn't even be paying attention to the movie.
i know a lot of people who think memento is good but nothing special. it's not the end of the world and doesnt make them stupid..

Easily one of all time favorite films. Memento is a masterpiece and without a doubt the best film directed by Chris Nolan (at least for me). The story, the acting, the editing....it's all great.

Dom
My favourite Nolan movie, possibily my favorite movie, period.
I discovered Nolan with BB, then I saw Insomnia and The Prestige, all while searching for the Memento DVD (little hard to find here) in order to see it, since I've read nothing but entusiastical reviews; I found it in 2008, before seeing TDK, it blew my mind away. Every now and then I rewatch it, it is simply flawless. 100%, hands down.
We used to look up in the sky and wonder at our place in the stars. Now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt.

Dom wrote:My favourite Nolan movie, possibily my favorite movie, period.
I discovered Nolan with BB, then I saw Insomnia and The Prestige, all while searching for the Memento DVD (little hard to find here) in order to see it, since I've read nothing but entusiastical reviews; I found it in 2008, before seeing TDK, it blew my mind away. Every now and then I rewatch it, it is simply flawless. 100%, hands down.
same as me bro, exactly the same actually ha ha

Dom wrote:My favourite Nolan movie, possibily my favorite movie, period.
It's my fav movie ever too :thumbup: Never gets old

Why am I not surprised :P

I think it's Nolan's best movie so far. I can't imagine touching a frame of it.

When the movie was about to be released, the studio posted the first ten minutes or so online so those who had read about the structure of the movie could get a taste of how it played out. I was hooked. Grabbed a friend and headed to San Francisco the day it opened there.

What a joy. The theater was packed, and I can safely say the movie rocked the house. So much laughter, too -- people forget how much humor there is in the film. Then that gut punch at the end -- holy smokes.

My friend and I were speechless until we were well across the Bay Bridge.

Loved the film, just got around to watching it a couple days ago

This will always be the movie that, even with TDK and Inception, everyone knows is truly his most intelligent work.

His best film.