The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: Memento

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.

How Awesome was Memento?

100% Awesome
71%
90% Awesome
19%
80% Awesome
8%
70% Awesome
1%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
No votes
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
No votes
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
No votes

Total votes: 231

This is a truly one of a kind film. Guy Pearce's performance, Carrie Anne Moss's femme fatale, David Julyan's music, the way the plot twists and turns and how the reverse chronology genuinely feels like a legitimate story telling device and doesn't function as a story telling gimmick is brilliant, it's really the only way that this film can be done. I adored it, this is masterpiece all the way through and it never, ever puts a foot wrong.

true, true.

This was the first film that I had seen by Nolan, I saw it right before BB came out. A friend recommended it to me and I went in having no idea what to expect, I just figured it would be a good movie. Hahaha... "Memento" BLEW my mind and I could not stop thinking about it. I quickly showed it to my best friend, who had the same reaction, and since then I have taken every opportunity to show it to others who have not witnessed the brilliance of this film.

For me, "Memento" is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen, and is in a continuous battle with "Inception" and "The Dark Knight" for my all-time favorite Christopher Nolan flick. Highly recommended to anybody who has eyes... seriously, it's that good.

i watched memento a long time ago as one of those random blockbuster rentals cuz it looked like a good story. i remember thinkin it was f-ing crazy. watched it over and over. had no idea it was nolan, never heard of nolan. this was way before insomnia. but i saw insomnia after not cuz of nolan just cuz it looked good. my friend rented the prestige cuz it looked good watched it, that was a great movie. not until TDK came out and i found this site did i realize all these movies were from the same guy. then i shot my friend cuz i thought he had been lying to me the whole time.jk. :D

100% from me, a solid piece of genius from Nolan.

:D

90%

Alberto wrote:90%

Mr. Caine wrote:
Alberto wrote:90%
:lol:

It's a good rating

I voted 100% but only because there was not any higher category. In truth Memento rates beyond any scale!

A work of genius! His masterpiece (so far)!

xxstefanx wrote:I voted 100% but only because there was not any higher category. In truth Memento rates beyond any scale!

A work of genius! His masterpiece (so far)!
:clap: